Dr. Hayder Abdelgader is currently the Vice President of the African Association of Insect Scientist, a position he has occupied since 2015. He is a Sudanese national and currently works as a researcher (entomologist & head of the Bioassay Research Unit) at Agricultural Research Corporation, Sudan a position he has occupied since 1987.
Preliminary School: 1965- 1968
Medium Secondary School: 1969-1973
Higher Secondary School: 1973-1976
- Sc.: 1976-1981 University of Khartoum – Sudan
M.sc.: 1984-1987 University of Gezira – Sudan
PhD: 1992-1996 University of Hanover – Germany
Field Entomologist: 1981-1984 Crop Protection Department, Sudan
Researcher (Entomologist-Head of the Bioassay Research Unit): 1987 – Till now Agricultural Research Corporation, Sudan.
- DAAD Scholarship 1991-1996
- Alexander von Humboldt Scholarship: 2000 – 2002
- Vice President Association of African Insect Scientist (AAIS), since 2015
- Deutscher Phytomedizinsche Gessellschaft (Germany).
- Sudanese Society for Ecological Farming.
- Sudanese Society for Natural Products.
- General Secretary of the Association of Former DAAD Scholars (Gezira Alumni)-Central Sudan.
- Member of the Crop Protection Consultation Committee of Sudan Gezira Board
- Member of the Pests and Diseases Committee of the Agricultuarl Research and Technology Corporation-Sudan.
- National Coordinator for Sugar beet Research in Sudan
- Member of the Executive Committee of Introducing the plantations and manufacturing Sugar beet in Gezira (Central Sudan)